How to Save on Energy During Summer
ATTIC INSPECTION IN TORONTO DONE RIGHT
Have you been spending a lot of money on energy during the warm summer months? You don’t have to. There are numerous ways to prevent heat gain in your home and save some extra dollars.
Invest in Landscaping
Trees and shrubs can be a great investment in your compound since they help to keep the area cool. You can hire a landscaping company that will come and inspect the property’s exterior and recommend changes that will impact on your home.
Install Thermal Blinds and Curtains
During those hot summer months, you may need to invest in curtains and blinds that are designed to keep warm air out. Make sure you keep the curtains and blinds closed during the day and open them at night. It’s an old fashioned and no-cost way to keep your home cool.
Minimize Indoor Heat
Simple things like running the dryer during the day can increase the level of heat in your home. You can choose to do your dishes at night because running the dryer during the day can make the interior even warmer. Try and avoid using major heat-generating appliances during the day. If you have any extra freezers and generators, now would be the time to eliminate them.
Make sure your air conditioning unit is in proper working order. The filters need to be cleaned or replaced in preparation for the warm summer months. During those hot months, the air conditioner is likely to be running throughout therefore the filters need to be in good working order.
Have a contractor to inspect your home for signs of air leaks and recommend a suitable insulation method that will significantly lower the cost of energy in your property.
Inspect the Home’s Ventilation
Proper ventilation is vital if you don’t want to mess with air quality during summer. Make sure the property has proper vents and that none of them are blocked or damaged. The basement and attic should be inspected thoroughly for signs of moisture damage and air leaks. If you notice cold drafts during the night, make sure they are repaired before the summer begins.
Invest in Proper Insulation
The home’s insulation is important if you want to lower the cost of energy during summer. Spray foam insulation can be used to seal cracks and openings in your attic. You may also consider other forms of insulation like blown cellulose.
Additional Articles for Insulation
- What to Look for When Inspecting Your Attic
- What To Expect When Upgrading Attic Insulation
- Exposed Floors Insulation
- Choosing The Right Basement Insulation
- Exterior Walls Insulation
- House Insulation Standards In Ontario
- DIY Spray Foam Insulation Cost Toronto
- The Difference Between Blue And Pink Foam Board Products
- How To Insulate A Finished Space With Drywall
- Getting Rid of Mold
- What Is Stryofoam SM Insulation?
- The Basics of Air Sealing
- Attic Upgrade Through Insulation and Air Sealing
- What Is AYR Foil And Where Can It Be Used?
- The Basics Of Pink Insulation
- How Much Are You Likely To Spend On Insulation?
- How to Determine When to Insulate Your Home
- Rim Joists Insulation - What Are They?
- How to Save on Energy During Summer
- Cathedral Ceilings Insulation