Fire Rated Drywall
Structo Lite Plaster
This perlite-aggregate gypsum plaster is lightweight and the most highly insulated plaster. It only needs water at the job site and blends in well with different designs, helping you achieve unmatched durability in ceilings and walls. It can be applied by machine or hand on a wide range of plaster bases, including cinder blocks, concrete, gypsum or metal lath, and other approved plaster bases. When used with specified plaster bases, the gypsum plasters provide excellent fire protection. Gypsum plasters also provide sound transmission loss properties, with the sanded basecoat plaster providing optimal results. The structo-lite plaster is designed for use in different job conditions and climatic conditions.
Despite its numerous advantages, the structo-lite plaster has the following limitations:
- The plaster is not ideal over metal lath, especially if you need a smooth trowel finish
- The plaster is not recommended for machine application when horse length exceeds 150 ft and vertical lift 30 ft
- If applied over interior monolithic concrete, you must apply Plaster Bonder before plastering
- To control surface cracking, you need a lime-gauging finish plaster that contains a fine aggregate
- It’s not recommended for application on concrete or masonry walls or ceilings with bituminous compounds coatings or other waterproofing agents
- Gypsum plasters cannot be used in areas where they come into direct contact with excessive moisture. Therefore, they aren’t ideal for exterior applications.